Corporate Social Responsibility
As a gaming group we bear a high social and sociopolitical responsibility that we thoroughly accept and embrace. Right from the beginning we have integrated this philosophy into our corporate culture and are actively engaged in arts, cultural, sports and social activities. As an economically highly successful company we consider it our duty to also help those who have been unfairly treated by fate and luck. We are convinced that sustainable economic development can only be practised in a socially responsible environment.
„NOVOMATIC bringt Kultur ins Spiel“ (“NOVOMATIC combines culture with gaming“)
- Support of the IOV (International Organisation for Folk Arts), a UNESCO member organisation
- Communal activities as the main cultural sponsor of the Gumpoldskirchen municipality (home of NOVOMATIC headquarters)
„We keep you in the game“
- Premier league soccer clubs, ice-hockey teams and various other sports receive support through Novomatic’s 100 percent subsidiary Admiral Sportwetten GmbH.
- An important social issue for Novomatic are paralympic sports. Novomatic supports the Wheel Chair Tennis Team Cups and is main sponsor of the handbike athletes Wolfgang Schattauer and Markus Schmoll within the European Handcycling Contest.
- „Back to Life“ – a project of the renowned philanthropist Stella Deetjen, who has been selflessly caring for lepers and urchins in the Indian city of Benares for more than 10 years
- Verein Zukunft für Kinder – ZUKI (Future for Children Association), support for urchins and children who have no access to school education and medical care in Third World countries
- Association for mentally, physically or sexually abused children – „die möwe“
- Projects in the framework of „Licht ins Dunkel“
- HIV/AIDS Initiative of the William J. Clinton Foundation
Mission Healthy Men – Women and Men against prostate cancer
The Admiral Charity Foundation offers unbureaucratic immediate help for individuals, associations or projects, selected by a board of trustees. These projects are deliberately not employed and publicised in the media.
„Luck and Science“
ALSA – main sponsorship for the new „Austrian Life Science Award“: this prize is awarded on a yearly basis to outstanding scientific studies in the fields of life sciences, medicine and bio-technologies. The video of ALSA 2012 in the Novomatic Forum can be watched here.
Following the acquisition of the historic Verkehrsbüro building, located in the heart of Vienna, in 2007, Novomatic plans to create a site of general cultural and European social encounter at the centre of the „Kunstplatz Karlsplatz“. The building will be renovated and modernised in keeping with its important heritage and in close co-operation with the Office for Protection of Historical Monuments and the Municipality Vienna. The reopening is scheduled for End of 2009.
As has already been announced: This historic jewel of architecture will be an interdisciplinary meeting point of European cultures surrounded by multi-media experiences and culinary delights. It will enrich the cultural city life of Vienna with yet another highlight.
In the year 2012 the 50th anniversary of Monroe's passing was seen. For this special celebration the Novomatic Forum honored the actress with the exhibition: „Marilyn: Intimacy” from 22nd of December 2011 to 10th of March 2012. This is why for several weeks, the showrooms were transformed into a memorial shrine of sorts, a sympathetic commemoration of an exceptional star. With this exhibition, the Forum (located adjacent to Vienna's Naschmarkt, Friedrichstraße 7, 1010 Vienna) presented itself in a new light and invited visitors to take a sensational journey into a lost world via what has remained as the tangible representation of memories: personal objects from the estate of a global star.
For any further information about our corporate social responsibility program please contact .